Friday, January 22, 2016

11-9-15
Hey Y’all!

   This week has been a crazy one for us. It rained super hard a few days then it was hot some other days then it was freezing for the rest of them! There was one day where we were outside and it was pouring! I was walking in from the truck and there was a really bright flash of lightening and Immediately a HUGE clap of thunder! It was louder than a gunshot and then a bunch of car alarms went off and it was pretty funny! It scared the snot out of me though. Because I was standing in the middle of a parking lot with an umbrella! I thought I was next! 
   Other than that, this week has been a little better. We were able to teach this guy from Iran! His name is Matt and he converted in Iran from Muslim to Christian. When the government found out, they kicked him out of the country so he came to America where he could be a Christian! He's been here for about a year now and has been through a lot. It’s kind of hard to understand him but he's a really awesome guy! His first language is Farsi. It’s a Persian language spoken mostly in Iran. But we have been working with him and he is super excited to learn more! 
   We are also teaching a guy by the name of Rod Mills. He used to be a protestant pastor! I might have mentioned him a few times but things are interesting with him. The Sister Missionaries in the Village Ward had a baptism so we invited him to come to that and he came! He loved it too! We'll get him one of these days!
   On Sunday we had a Regional Conference Broadcast! It was super good! I wish I could tell you everything that was talked about! Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles presided, while Lynn G. Robbins, Lawerence E. Corbridge of the Quorum of the Seventy, and Sister Linda S. Reeves of the General Relief Society Presidency. Elder Robbins spoke about simplifying life and how we need to cut unneeded things out of our lives. He said that Simplicity is the ultimate Sophistication! So true! Elder Corbridge spoke about our discipleship of Christ and Sister Reeves spoke about repentance. She talked about what it feels like before you have repented and then the feelings of relief and freedom after you repent. Then Elder Oaks spoke about a ton of things! He talked about mostly family history work and missionary work! It was really good! I Wish I could say more but I took tons of notes! Things are great here and I wish I time today to respond to everyone but I don’t and I’m sorry! Next week though I will! Love y’all and have an amazing week! 

Elder Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment