Saturday, January 23, 2016

1-4-16
Hey y’all! 

   This week has been a really good one for us. It warmed up a little bit and we were out spinning tires! We had the wonderful opportunity to meet with Janetta, one of our investigators, every day this week! She was supposed to get baptized last Saturday but she couldn’t stop smoking in time. So her Baptismal Date dropped and now we're working on her stopping smoking. She's doing real well and came to church this week. It was a little frustrating because last week church got cancelled because of bad weather. It’s kind of ridiculous if you ask me! But she came this week and loved it! It was a great week at church too! There were a lot of really amazing testimonies borne and insights shared. Our ward is so great here! I love the Quail Creek Ward! 

   So this week there was a sister in our ward who passed away. Her name was Lois McClung and she was 91 years old. She was the sweetest lady you'll ever meet and pretty much was already an angel! She passed away last Sunday and her memorial service was held on Saturday. We went and it was really good. We learned a lot about her and how sweet she was. All of her kids were there and only 1 of them was a member of the church. They all were so thankful for her and her being a faithful disciple of Christ all her life. She will be greatly missed!

   So there is a Senior Missionary couple that serves here that is in our ward and they took us and the North Elders to lunch afterwards at the Golden Trough. (Golden Corral) I don’t know if they have them there in Oregon because I hadn’t heard of them until I came out here to Oklahoma. It’s pretty much like Home Town Buffet but worse haha. I ate way too much and got really sick afterwards! I never threw up but I may as well have. I felt awful for the rest of the day! I slept it off and then my bowels were wrecked the next day. I’m never eating there again! 

   Anyhow, it was a good week and we are excited for all the 2016 holds!    
I hope that y’all had an amazing new year and that as you have set goals, you will be diligent in following through with them! Change is hard but so worth it! I love y’all and hope that y’all have a wonderful week! 

Elder Walker  

Gas is super cheap here and Me and Elder Taggart had a flannel competition. Who pulls it off better?? 





No comments:

Post a Comment