Monday, May 16, 2016



May 2nd
Hey yall!  

   This week has been a wild one! We were super busy all week and had soooo much success! I'm glad its finally over because I'm tired.  So a little about Pauls Valley, it's a pretty small town and we also cover 9 or 10 other small towns. We have Paoli, Wayne, Stratford, Elmore City. Mayseville, Erin Springs, Lindsey, White Bead, Payne and Wallville. Its hard to balance going to all the other places but most of our work is here in Pauls Valley so thats nice. The people here are amazing. I LOVE the small town feel! We meet in a double wide trailer for sacrament meeting and have a super tiny building. Its about the same size, if not smaller than Blue River! Fun stuff! Every body literally knows everybody and are all somehow related. Its crazy. I still gotta figure out the network of it all. 

 Anyhow, I know that yall complain about weather reports but this week was crazy! We had 2 severe storms that produced tornados! Starting Tuesday we got a call from Elder Drayton who is the Mission Vehicle Coordinatoor and he told us that we needed to tell all the missionaries in the zone to park their cars somewhere where they wouldn't be damaged in the storm. Apparently he had gotten a phone call from Salt Lake saying that the same storm that was coming our way had TOTALLED 29 mission vehicles in the San Antonio mission. So we spread the word! That meant that we had to do the same, so we called the Hancocks in our ward and asked if they had some room in their barn that we could park our truck. They told us to come help move some things around so we did! Then we parked it and said thanks! Well the Hancocks live about 7 miles south of Pauls Valley in a town called Wynnewood. So we were wondering what we were gonna do for the rest of the day. It was about 2:00 and the storms were supposed to hit anytime, so we hung out at the Hancocks for the day! We planted their garden, went 4 Wheelin in one of those Yamaha Rhino things AND his SICK Bronco (Dont worry he drove), cleaned up their yard and fished in his pond. It was a super fun day and let me tell you what, I havent had so much adrenaline pump through my blood as I did when I caught the first fish I'd caught in over a year and a half! Plus it was a bass which made is even more fun (: But anyhow it was a good day (: The storms came, knocked the power out and did lots of damage. But we were safe and sound!

   Then another storm came on Friday and did some damage too but not as much. Anyhow, things were great this week and I love Pauls Valley more and more every day! "And Jesus said unto them, Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"(and fish) (: Love yall and have a great week! 


Elder Walker 



No comments:

Post a Comment