Monday, October 19, 2015

Octber 5th

Hey yall!

   Holy smokes! One year has come and gone faster than a twister rippin through Moore Oklahoma!
On October 1st I hit my 1 year mark. It was a time for me to pause and reflect on my mission and what I have accomplished and become. In that year I have had 4 baptisms, 9 companions, trained 2 missionaries, served in 4 areas, been a District Leader and a Zone Leader, got pretty good at disc golf and basketball, rode the snot out of my bike and gained only 7 pounds (: I have loved every second of it! From the -10 degrees to 110 degrees and everywhere in between! But now that I am on the downhill slide, I have thought a lot about what lies ahead.
The mission as a whole right now is really young so I am strengthening my resolve to be the best example I can be. I know there is a good time ahead of me and I’m so excited for it! I have had so much love and support from all y’all and I have grown so much. Especially in my testimony! I thought I had a strong one when I entered the mission field but now it’s even stronger! 
Thank you to everyone who has been there to support me both financially and spiritually. It means a lot to have that kind of support. There are missionaries that don’t have that support at all and I don’t know how they do it. This work is hard but so rewarding!
I am so thankful for everything I have learned and the people I have met and taught. I know that this Church is the one and only true Church on the face of this earth. That is a bold claim but if that wasn’t true I would be wasting my time as a missionary. I know that God loves all of His children so much more than we will ever be able to comprehend. I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and that it is inspired scripture written by ancient prophets and translated and brought forth by the Lords Prophet Joseph Smith. This work is so important and I am so blessed to be a part of it! It is the most important work that can be done here on earth! 
Other than that I am doing well! Zone Leader life is insanely crazy and I’m still getting used to it but I’m surviving (:
General conference was amazing and I am so thankful for a living prophet and apostles who receive guidance and revelation from God and direct us in His ways! I hope that y’all have an amazing week and don’t forget to pray! 

Elder Walker  


No comments:

Post a Comment