Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 5th

Hey Y’all!

Man this week has been something else. We were definitely humbled. We weren't able to teach very many lessons and we didn't get to see a whole lot of people. After a week of that I found out that my companion had prayed for humility earlier that week! Haha we both got it that's for sure! We were down because it was in the 80's all week and it was humid and all our appointments fell through. But we still worked hard regardless and made the most of it. It was a nice slap in the face realizing that this is the Lords work, Not ours.
But anyways, Saturday evening I got a call from Assistant to the President, Elder Davis (one of my favorite missionaries out here BTW). He told me I was chosen to train a new missionary that comes into the mission on the 13th! Say What?? I’ve only been out here for 7 months and they want me to train a brand new missionary hot off the press?!? I am suuuuper nervous but also really excited! I hope that it all goes well, I’m sure it will because it will all be in the Lords hands. But I was a nervous wreck for the next day or so! Also there is a possibility that I could be the District leader as well. My Comp is district leader right now and he's leaving. So that would be crazy!
Elder Corbridge of the 70 came and spoke to us yesterday (Monday the 4th) and it was amazing. He asked us all what we wanted out of our missions. He had us all write it down on a card and give it to him. He took them and started reading them off and they all pretty much said "to gain a better relationship with our savior and Heavenly Father and to help others do that too." Then he said," These are all very noble desires but you are missing the point. I have never heard once, out of the thousands of missionaries that I’ve asked this same question, heard the right answer." And we were all shrinking in our seats... Then He said, “You should desire to help others come unto Christ and enter the waters of baptism to receive a remission of sins. That is what every one of us should desire. The greatest blessings are to receive a remission of sins, be endowed with the power of the Holy Ghost and inherit eternal life. That is what we should all desire!" We were all very humbled by this intense rebuking but it was good.
He said that we should talk about the atonement, baptism, and a remission of sins in every lesson. He basically said that we were teaching wrong and needed to change our ways haha. Man it was awesome but also very rebuking. But it was good and I’m glad he said that! But anyways it made me realize that the greatest blessings are to partake of the fruits of the atonement and to be cleansed of sin. So ponder that this week and evaluate yourselves and see how well you are using the atonement in your lives. Love y’all and have an amazing week!


Elder Walker









No comments:

Post a Comment