Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5-26-15



Hey Y’all

   What a week. It’s been raining all week. Every day! Except Thursday, that was nice. But it makes it hard to go out and work because we are on bikes. We either get rides with members or walk, so we didn't get as much work done as I'd hoped... but that's ok. Hopefully we will accomplish more this week.

For those of you who don't know, I have been training a new Elder for the last few weeks. He is an awesome man and I have learned so much from him already. I respect him a lot because he just made a really tough choice to go home and clear up some things that will allow him to be a better missionary when he comes back out. Yesterday (Monday night) he left to go home, so as of now I am in a trio with the Elders from OKC 3rd ward. The 3 of us are going to be sharing OKC 3rd ward and OKC 1st ward. It will be interesting but I’m excited! Elder Read and Elder Murphy are good guys and I am honored to be working with them. I know that we will get a lot of work done! I am sad to see my son leave but also glad that I have had the opportunity to work with him and see him grow! Hopefully I will get to finish training him when he comes back out!

This week I have been reading a lot about the Book of Mormon in Preach My Gospel which is a great book to read if you haven't read it yet. But I love how it talks about how the Bible and the Book of Mormon go hand in hand and support each other in everything they say! They complete each other and testify of the divinity of our Savior Jesus Christ! There’s a scripture in 2 Nephi 29:8 that says the testimony of the two shall run together and become as one! The testimonies support each other. That's also why we are in a companionship as missionaries. To testify of what the other has said! The way the Lord works is amazing and never fails to inspire me. I hope that it may inspire you as well and help you to pay attention to the little things in life. Those are the things that matter so don't let them pass by! Love y’all and have a great week!

Elder Walker

Heres us in the shelter during a tornado



No comments:

Post a Comment