Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Jan 20th

Hey y'all!

This week has been fantastic! It warmed up to the 70's so we don't have to  walk anymore! I've gotten real good at doing wheelies on my bike and me and Elder Staheli have competitions haha. 
We got a new investigator this week named Gabe. He is 16 and goes to Mustang High school. 
We did lots of knocking doors and not much success from that but oh well. We also did lots of visiting less active members too. But our efforts paid off there and we had 8 less actives at sacrament meeting! (that's really good if you didn't sense my excitement :P) 
We did lots of service and had lots of good lessons! We have a few people who are getting close to baptism! Hopefully they will follow through! 
I will be confirming one of the sisters investigators this Sunday along with my musical number in sacrament meeting. Sometimes I wish not everyone knew I played the piano! haha but I'm glad to do it! 
We gave several blessings this week and 2 of them resulted in almost immediate healing! The power of the priesthood is real! SO real! 
We are excited to go to the temple next week to do some endowment sessions on the 27th as a Zone and on the 31st for Elder Staheli's convert from Del City! So exciting! We are so lucky to have a temple here so close by. Its about a 20 min drive from here. 
Anyways, we have been focusing a lot lately on member missionary work. Now I know that this is gonna sound preachy coming from a missionary but its the truth. Us as missionaries are called to be full time teachers. A lot of people think that missionary work is knock knock knocking on peoples doors. (yes that was a Guns N' Roses line) But that is not true. We realistically should never have to knock a single door. But we all know that would be perfect and theres always room for improvement. So this week I challenge every one of you to strive to magnify your calling as a member. Every member of the church has this calling. To find someone to teach for the missionaries. We flippin love it when that happens!! It makes us so happy! 
Also go out with the missionaries if you can. We love having members help us teach! Any effort is greatly appreciated! I thank everyone of you for what you do for the missionaries. Even just feeding us makes a world of difference! 
I know that through our Savior and Heavenly Father we can overcome our fears and weaknesses. He wants us to change and become more like Him. I know that this is not easy. Change is a process and repentance is a pattern. It is because of His love for us that we can change. He loves us so much just the way we are, but he loves us too much to let us stay that way. Love y'all and Have a great week!!


Elder Walker



 Eddy our investigator




Not sure about this one but I thought I would include it

No comments:

Post a Comment