Sunday, April 17, 2016


March 28th
Hey Y’all!

   This week has been an awesome one! Things haven't been as fast paced as they were the last few weeks but things are still goin good! I haven't don't a weather update in a while but this week has been gorgeous!! In the mid 70's and sunny! I’m not complaining.
   Anyhow, this week we went on 2 exchanges. One with the Elders that we share the ward with and then also the Spanish Elders! 2 days in a row! I feel like I don't even know my companion anymore! But this week we only have 1 so that'll be nice.
   So nothing too crazy happened this week. While I was on exchanges with Elder Quijada (Key-hada) we were down in the south part of area. It’s a little more sketchy than the rest of our area but still not too bad. We were walking down this road and these Hispanic guys were in their front yard with a whole case of corona. They all got up and walked over to us and were talking to Elder Quijada in Spanish. I had an idea of what they were saying but I wasn't quite sure. Elder Quijada kept saying no, no, no! Then one of them turned to me and said in broken English, wanna beer? I laughed and said no! I think that it made the guy mad that I laughed! Then he started yelling at Elder Quijada! Elder Quijada said we gotta go! Then he reached out to shake his hand so the guy grabbed it and pulled him in close and tried forcing him to take the beer. I was thinking, great, someone’s about to get shot or stabbed or something... Then this big huge Mexican guy came out of nowhere and told them to knock it off so they settled down pretty quick. He looked at us and said, "I respect your religion for not drinking but you should go!" Don't have to tell us twice! We were out of there! Saved by the big Mexican! So was about the wildest thing that happened this week.
   We got a call Sunday morning from Jay Hardy. The guy who got baptized a few months back. He said "Elders I’m bringin someone to church with me." We were like what?? WHO!! This guy is baptized and a few weeks later is already doin more missionary work than most members!! He said, " A young lady I met at the store the other day! She's already a Mormon but she doesn't go like she should so I figured I'd help her out." Dang Jay. ON FIRE!!!  
   Also This week, we get to go to the temple with a few recent converts. Jay already did some family history work and got his brother’s name ready for the temple. His brother passed away from cancer about 4 yrs ago. He is super excited to do his brothers work! I am so happy for him! It has been so amazing to see Jay progress so quickly in the Gospel! He is truly converted! Anyhow, we've got lots to look forward to this week! I’m so excited! Things are great here. I’m stayin well fed and happy! I hope that y’all had a great Easter! Love y’all and have a great week!

Elder Walker

Here’s us at lake Heffner and we also decorated some Easter eggs too!






No comments:

Post a Comment