Monday, March 7, 2016


2-22-16

Hey Y’all! 

   This week has been a crazy one! Things have probably never been as stressful as they have been this week. The weather was nice, in the 70s and 80s all week. We had some interviews and a Leadership Training Meeting this week and that was what really stressed me out. We haven’t had enough time to work in our own area!! We hardly got to do anything this week! It stinks! But we're onto a new week now (: 
    On Saturday we all got up at 3:45 am and headed to the church to load up on a bus at 5:30 and ship off to Tulsa Oklahoma!! We got there about 7:10ish and went into the stake center. I don’t know if I have said this but Elder Gonzales and I were asked to perform a musical number there at the conference. We performed an arrangement of I stand All Amazed. There were 400 missionaries from both the Oklahoma City Mission and the Bentonville Arkansas Mission. There was D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy, and Elder Michael L. Southward of the Seventy. I got to shake all their hands too! (Elder Christofferson's twice (: ) It was such an amazing experience! I loved every second of it! Me and Elder Gonzales got to sit on the stand with them haha. That was fun! We sat not far from him at all! The conference was really good. They all talked about mostly missionary stuff so it would probably bore you but if you'd like to hear some of it I guess I could let you know. 
   When we performed the musical number, I was super nervous. They announced it and my heart started pounding. I sat down at the piano and the spirit let my hands I can tell you that much. Playing the piano for an apostle is scary! It went super well. I only messed up once and it didn’t sound that bad. It was amazing! I was very pleased with how it went! After the conference was over, we all stood up as Elder Christofferson walked off the stand and he walked over to us. I’m pretty sure my heart stopped! He shook Elder Gonzales's hand and said, “You have an angelic voice." Then he shook mine and said “You are a beautiful pianist” AHHHHHHHH I thought I was going to die!!!!!! Then Elder Gonzales took a picture with him. But for my credit, I took it!!!! So I'll attach it. That was for sure the highlight of the week! Then we came home, ate lunch and took a nap! It was very much needed! 
   One of the things that He talked about was not procrastinating the day of our repentance. He read the scripture Alma 32:33-35. He shared He said that since we have had many witnesses from the spirit, that we should repent faster than ever! He said to repent rapidly and often! Rebuked by an apostle!! It was so amazing. The spirit was so strong and it was an amazing experience!  
   Hope that y’all have a wonderful week and stay out of trouble!! 

Elder Walker  



No comments:

Post a Comment